My 5 and 4 year old boys very much enjoy playing games from my retro video game collection with Super Mario Bros being their favourite. So I did a little searching on the internet for a Super Mario Bros level editor and well, I found one.
It is called Super Mario Bros. Game Builder and is a Java app, so it will work on Mac, Windows and Linux. It has loads of great functionality including:
- Password protected games, to share unchangeable games with other players
- Virtually limitless numbers of levels/warps/enemies/blocks/pipes/etc.
- Custom level names and time limit options
- Bowser battles, flagpoles, Lakitu, flying fish, and other custom level features]
- Little to no learning curve to master building custom games!
- Builder tools likes tracing warps, finding Mario, and editing sprite properties
- Robust save/load, edit/undo, add/remove/copy levels, and many others
You can get more info including a download, here: