JLCPCB - PCB only $2 :)

Post here to discuss designing your own PCB's

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

JLCPCB - PCB only $2 :)

Post by bitfogav » Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 am

I've recently seen a bunch of youtube videos relating to JLCPCB, 10boards for $2, that seems a lot cheaper than iTead PCB, So I thought I would give it a go with my next project. I've placed my first order with them for 50mm X 50mm 10 PCB's which came to about £1.41p here in the UK, wth shipping the total was £5.50p.
I'm now looking forward to receiving my new boards.. :) Will update when I have them..

downImg2.png
downImg2.png (140.22 KiB) Viewed 30350 times

https://jlcpcb.com/
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: JLCPCB - PCB only $2 :)

Post by brad » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:14 am

I don't know why I didn't see this earlier bitfogav,

I've been using JLCPCB for a while now - they are fantastic quality, speedy service and so cheap!

It's a shame they don't have Matte colour options however. How did your boards go?

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:16 am

I don't remember if I saw it or not. It seems like I have to have seen it, since I check the forum for new posts every day. I should have recommended putting thermal relief around the pads that go to the plane around them. If you wave-solder it and never need to repair or rework it, it's no problem as it is; but if you do need to remove/replace a part that's soldered into one of these pads, it's hard to get enough heat to the pad with a soldering iron to melt the solder when the plane around it is sucking up all the heat like a big heat sink. The board does look nice though!
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:36 am

By the way - it looks like some sort of CAN-BUS interface circuit... interesting :)

LouisDong

Post by LouisDong » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:01 pm

PCBGOGO are mainly engaged in PCB prototyping and assembly manufacturing services for more than 10 years.New user registration will receive a free $20 coupon.

In addition, near Thanksgiving, PCBGOGO also have a fee reduction activity, and will also give some gifts for Thanksgiving.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:02 am

So sorry for the late reply guys :oops: A lot of things going on at the end of this year, which meant not much time to visit the forum.

Thank you Garth for your recommendations, I will take that on board if I ever redesign or remake this board, has it happens the board actually turned out fine and works perfectly. I used through hole components for quick and cheap design. But I'm really happy with JLCPCB :)

Yes Brad it is a CAN-BUS interface board, solely to interface with Automotive networks, I was working on my own VB project and needed a quick/cheap way to interface with several vehicles. The project isn't finished yet but hopefully get back on it next year.
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Well, this is my first post in a long time.

My electronic projects are essentially non-existent these days. I've wanted to spend more time with the kids and teach them things instead of just hiding away spending time on my own projects.

Good to see your project is working as you wanted it to and also nice to see that you are still working in VB. It's been a long time since I played with VB and I miss it :)

Abby

Post by Abby » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 pm

JLC is really good, very famous in China, and one is also good, WellPCB, specializing in manufacturing PCB and PCBA, I hope to give you one more choice!