DayZ Standalone - Last server info

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

DayZ Standalone - Last server info

Post by bitfogav » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi all,

Over the last few months I have been enjoying some online PC gaming, and have teamed up with one of the other forum members Jay (Odessa) and his friends.
The game is DayZ Standalone, with the online servers resetting occasionally etc we have found finding the last server we was all connected to, a bit of an issue.
So I have made a simple windows gui which reads the DayZ profile file and displays the last DayZ service Name and IP address..

So here is my windows gui if anyone would like to try it out, the gui assumes that the dayz profile file is stored in My Documents folder.. :)
dayzservergui.png
dayzservergui.png (20.12 KiB) Viewed 12891 times
Edit *Download removed please check below"

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED!.
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DayZ Standalone - Last server info

Post by brad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am

A handy piece of software bitfogav, how did you extract the data you were looking for? Some sort of keyword search that then grabs the data after the keyword maybe?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:32 am

brad wrote:A handy piece of software bitfogav, how did you extract the data you were looking for? Some sort of keyword search that then grabs the data after the keyword maybe?

Yes that's pretty spot on what I did Brad.. I used a visual basic streamreader to read the file and then used several visual basic string commands to sort out the part of the string I required :) it's lot's of fun using visual studio 2013..
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 pm

How do you find VS 2013 compared to earlier versions (like 2008 or 2010?)

In my opinion it's a little harder to use because the icons are now black and white rather than colour :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 pm

brad wrote:How do you find VS 2013 compared to earlier versions (like 2008 or 2010?)

In my opinion it's a little harder to use because the icons are now black and white rather than colour :)

Yes that's definitely been an issue, I also don't like the fact that the IDE don't save your settings (view, font, size, etc) unless you sign into the IDE :? it's a good idea if you use several computers?, but I doubt ill ever need that option?.
I haven't had VS 2013 that long but the coding and gui panel seems to all work the same :lol: ..

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:53 pm

I have improved and hopefully removed a bug with the gui so here is the updated version.. :)
dayzlastser1.1.jpg
dayzlastser1.1.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 12819 times
Dayz Last Server v1.1.zip
(164.62 KiB) Downloaded 691 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks bitfogav, just downloaded.

What was the bug with the GUI?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:21 am

brad wrote:What was the bug with the GUI?
Well basically my string algorithm relied on the data within the GUI richtextbox to be a certain value, and every test I did on my computer the GUI worked fine..
When the GUI was tested on another windows operating system I found that my string algorithm broke, which all I can think of, is that it had to be something to do with the windows operating system or the way it displayed the "look and feel" of the GUI..

So I just rewrite the code for the whole GUI, reducing the risk of any other bugs and along the way I managed to reduce the amount of code too!.. :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Nice way to clean up the code bitfogav!

Actually it reminds me of problems that I had with my graphic conversion program. It worked fine on my PC but had problems when others tried to use it on theirs.