I'm Taylor...

Feel like saying hi? then go ahead!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Taylor
semi-newbie
semi-newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I'm Taylor...

Post by Taylor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:00 am

Hello for all members here

I'm Taylor from Algeria North of africa i'm glad to be here
I'm student in university
I've 26 Years Old

i'm here to get and put any information or helping people as i can as possible

Thank you brad for Registration help

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I'm Taylor...

Post by brad » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Taylor, nice to have you in the forums. Sorry for the late activation of your account, I haven't logged on here in quite a while - my wife and I just had twins!

Feel free to post in any of the forums, we'd love to hear about what you're up to. If you need help with anything be sure to ask as well.

What are you studying?

Taylor
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by Taylor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

Hello brad

I'm student in electrical engineering but i'm already a programmer using 7 different language in windows platform or linux

i can code with (C,C++,C#,Delphi/Pascal,Visual Basic,Assembly,Java...)

My favorite work is reversing engineering software

But since two years ago i'm starting learning about my microcontroller exactly microchip microcontroller

I'm interesting to any project where we can find an Light emitting diod

One of my project

I hope you like it

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Great work with that LED matrix project Taylor :)

what programming language / IDE have you been using with your PIC micro controllers? What Micro controller did you use for that LED matrix project?

Taylor
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by Taylor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 pm

i'm using IDE MikroC from mikroelektronika Language C but for the moment i'm interest to use C18 compiler with MpLab

i've used Pic16F876A for this project just because i've the SPI Hardware available but we can use 16F84(A) and we use the SPI software but with this way the software will take 78% of CPU process

by the way what software you use to design your pcb, for me i use Eagle but i like to go to Orcad

Thanks

Ps : I'm sorry if i do a mistake with my english in my country we speak french or arabic and little english

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Your english is fine!

I haven't used a 16F microcontroller in years! I think the first microcontroller I started out with was the PIC16F628A. I have many great memories of those. i also first started programming with microchip IDE using assembly language. I have not done much with C with microchip but I have done quite a bit with the Arduino IDE which is pretty much C (but they don't advertise it as C i'm pretty sure)

If you have any projects or code you'd like to share, feel free to let us know about it!

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 am

by the way what software you use to design your pcb, for me i use Eagle but i like to go to Orcad
I don't have any experience with more-modern software, but at my last place of work which I left in 1992 we got OrCAD because it seemed to be very common and a big company so we figured they must know what they're doing. Boy were we wrong!! It had an absolutely huge number of bugs, and we kept getting updates that would fix two bugs and introduce two more. They sent a newsletter saying they had top-notch engineers re-writing it at a rate of X number of lines per day (some very high number that I don't remember), and I thought, "Yeah, I've seen what kind of software comes from people who write that many lines per day. It's garbage!"

When I moved to a small start-up company, I bought Easy-PC Professional which was put out by Number One Systems in England. It initially had a lot of bugs too, but I and one other intensive user here in the States kept reporting and describing them in detail, and the company was very good about fixing them, unlike OrCAD. I've used it to lay out dozens of boards over the years, up to 12 layers and 500 parts, mixed-signal RF/digital/audio/SMPS with no crosstalk, and controlled-impedance transmission lines. Then they started adding features I didn't need (simulators, autorouters, etc.), so I quit taking the updates. Easy-PC Pro cost only about one-sixth of what OrCAD did, and yet was much better. I like that it doesn't try to second-guess my efforts to do unorthodox things to get greater density and tell me I can't do that. When the industry moved from the gerber 274D file standard to 274X, I quickly learned to adapt the output, and that opened up a lot more things I can now do that my old version of the software was supposedly unable to do. Modern versions of this software are being sold today.

You might benefit from a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_EDA_Software
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Some very useful info there Garth, thanks very much for sharing.

I must admit that I have not had to delve into circuits that have required me to look into impedance matching and cross talk etc... But I could imagine that it wouldn't be a walk in the park!