Arc flash Accident

Post here to let others know of a great electronic project video clip.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arc flash Accident

Post by Chuckt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 am

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arc flash Accident

Post by brad » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am

Is that guy still alive?

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 am

I don't know. My guess is he at least went to the hospital but I don't know and hope my guess doesn't play down the dangers. People have been hit by lightning and survived and my physics teacher from college says you just need two electrodes and a D battery to stop a heart. I've heard of people losing their arms from touching the overhead wires on trains.

I think it is an old video because workers wear protection suites and there exists equipment to do what he did manually. I'm thinking it must be part of a training / safety video today which might be why it is on the internet.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 am

I guess this is why I like playing with my 5 volt microcontrollers :)

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:45 am

brad wrote:Is that guy still alive?
I watched another video of a survivor of an arc flash accident and the picture looked like there was complete fire coming out of the spot where the accident happend. He wasn't using an arc shield. The reason why I'm not putting the video up is because it is graphic but he spent 15 months in the hospital, had 2nd and 3rd degree burns and wasn't expected to survive but had several skin graphs and he responded to medication for infection. He had a lot of rehab and was one of the fortunate ones.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Arc Flash PPE Laboratory Testing Video

Post by Chuckt » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 pm

brad wrote:Is that guy still alive?
No.

Short Circuit Current
10,000 Amp
Time 1 Second
Arc Temperature 9,000 degrees Celsius.

You must have protective clothing that can withstand these temperatures and conditions.