new tutorial

Post here to discuss the PIC microcontroller tutorials.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: new tutorial

Post by odessa » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 am

I've been learning C too, and must admit I really like it. It's only a little more involved than swordfish, but the biggest plus for me has been that once you learn the syntax you find a lot of other languages follow the same rules. Javasript for example is almost identical, which is handy as my latest project involves both ... bonus :)
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")
This is a bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:59 pm

You will have to let us in on your java application when it's all done :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 pm

brad wrote:You will have to let us in on your java application when it's all done :)
I agree with Brad... I am really interested in how to make a good cup of coffee! :mrgreen:

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:16 am

haha nice Stacy! :D

(just incase anyone didnt get that, Java logo symbol is a coffee cup) :P But I thought Java was slightly different to javascript? :?
javalogo.jpg
javalogo.jpg (9.19 KiB) Viewed 26783 times

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:22 am

<nerd> Actually .... you have made a schoolboy error there :) Java is actually nothing to do with javascript, they are totally different... Apparently back in the good/bad old days of Netscape who introduced javascript, the name as chosen so people would associate it with Java and it would become more easily accepted... worked well didn't it </nerd>

Once its finished I promise you a sneeky peek :D

Jay
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")
This is a bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

1kiko1
Can't get enough of electronics!

Post by 1kiko1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:54 am

i read it and i dont understand anything i want a book,video,or web page that shows me how to write the source and it teaches me what porta, delay,config etc is

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm

are you talking about the tutorials on this site that you have read?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:11 pm

1kiko1 wrote:i read it and i dont understand anything i want a book,video,or web page that shows me how to write the source and it teaches me what porta, delay,config etc is

Hi 1kiko1,

Im not sure what you have read or what you are relating to that you dont understand? Here is a website which will explain some of the questions you have and give you some PIC tutorials, the only down side is that its for the Assembly language, which isn't the easiest language to learn, as ive said I think you really need to look at swordfish basic, an easier language to learn.. Also it takes serveral weeks, months or years to learn how to write source code (PIC language) and im still learning things after a few years!!!.

http://www.mstracey.btinternet.co.uk/pi ... icmain.htm

Just reading books or websites is a start but the best way to learn is by buying a few PICS like the 18F1320 and a Programmer (PicKit2), some LEDs, Resistors and then downloading the free version of swordfish basic, then experiment writing source code and make a LED flash..

Heres a great tutorial that Graham at digital-diy.com put together using swordfish to flash a LED.
http://digital-diy.com/Swordfish-Compil ... l-led.html

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Nice work bitfogav!

1kiko1

Post by 1kiko1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:52 am

hello brad what is the difference between assembly language and c, which do you reccomend for a beginner to use and what do you use?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:36 pm

1kiko1 wrote:which do you reccomend for a beginner to use and what do you use?
I wouldn't recommend any of them for a beginner and I think Brad would say the same!. the BASIC language is much easier for the beginner like Swordfish Basic :D Aslo like Brad, we started using the Assembly language but we both have moved to the BASIC language has it makes programming more fun and it takes alot less time to write code. :)

Check here if you want a Comparison between Assembly and C?.
Assembly Vs C Language

Assembly language uses alot more code, in other words you will have write alot more lines of code than you will have to write to get the same from the C language, but with C language you will use more programme memory (RAM) to get the same result from Assembly. so both languages have there good and bad points.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:17 pm

That's absolutely correct bitfogav!

Basic is the best in my opinion - especially for a beginner. The instructions are very easy to learn compared to other languages.

And just as bitfogav was saying about basic using less code than assembly - My super pixel bros game written in assembly uses about 7000 lines of code, whereas it is about 1,500 lines of code for basic.

theenggprojects

Post by theenggprojects » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Did this C Language code helped you out ??? I also want to learn C Language and looking for some course to do it. Can anyone suggest me some ???
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects and PIC Mirocontroller Projects and have also designed many new Proteus Tutorials and C# Tutorial. I hope you guys are gonna like them.

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:58 pm

I'm going to stick up for assembly here. There are a few reasons why it's good to get at least one assembly language under your belt early on in your programming. It will make you a better programmer in the high-level languages too. I have an article on the subject, at http://wilsonminesco.com/AssyDefense/ . It's oriented toward the 6502 and related processors, but I also program in PIC16 assembly for work and I apply the same macros for abstraction and program structures, dramatically improving programmer productivity and code maintainability, shortening the code and making it more readable, making it easier to keep control of large projects, and reducing bugs, all without forfeiting any of the benefits of assembly language. In most cases, the macros give absolutely zero penalty in run speed or memory taken, because it's still assembly language—you just have more tools for how to control it. This partly answers the objection of the number-of-lines comparison too. About half way down the page, there is an example there of the extreme inefficiency of C compared to assembly for 8-bit processors.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

theenggprojects

Post by theenggprojects » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 pm

You should also have a look at this list of PIC Microcontroller Projects because they have given a lot of PIC Microcontroller Projects including their codes and Proteus Simulations.
You should also check The Engineering Projects because they have posted a lot of Arduino Projects and PIC Mirocontroller Projects and have also designed many new Proteus Tutorials and C# Tutorial. I hope you guys are gonna like them.