Tutorial 7 - All the info you need is right here!

Post here to discuss the PIC microcontroller tutorials.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

rd1196
Can't get enough of electronics!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tutorial 7 - All the info you need is right here!

Post by rd1196 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:13 am

Hey brad the other day I tried to change the track data from the great race but when I saved it all the code turned into black and when I tried to make it a hex file (quickbuild) It said that there was no asm file

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 pm

That is really strange.

Can you post the modified code here in the forum, i'll have a look at it.

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 am

brad wrote:Yep, they will do the trick. You will find different variations in the part number but as long as it has 74373 written in there, it will be fine.
Hi Brad! :)
I would like to write my name on this 8x8 matrix?
how can i do that?

Thanks!
marC:)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri May 11, 2012 8:14 am

Have a look at the great race code. In there is the track data (contained within the retlw statements) you can see the track drawn in the retlw statements with the binary 1's and 0's. To write your name, just modify the 1's and 0's.

You can then modify the code a bit to get rid of the game part and it will now just scroll your name instead.

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Fri May 11, 2012 11:53 am

brad wrote:Have a look at the great race code. In there is the track data (contained within the retlw statements) you can see the track drawn in the retlw statements with the binary 1's and 0's. To write your name, just modify the 1's and 0's.

You can then modify the code a bit to get rid of the game part and it will now just scroll your name instead.
ok! :) brad, thanks.. i will try to modify slighly the code, but i don't garanteed anithing! :)

ehhe

Cya!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri May 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Let me know how you go!

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Sat May 12, 2012 8:22 am

brad wrote:Let me know how you go!
santa scrabble is the same schematic as the great race??

thanks!

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm

nodoubtman wrote:
brad wrote:Let me know how you go!
santa scrabble is the same schematic as the great race??

thanks!
Brad i give up for now, it's too difficult thanks for helping!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun May 13, 2012 10:06 am

No Problem - start small and then work your way up. That's how I did it!

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Wed May 16, 2012 5:01 am

brad wrote:No Problem - start small and then work your way up. That's how I did it!
BUT? Brad, santa scrabble is the same schematic as the great race??

thanks!
CYa!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am

marC if your still having problems with coding the Assembly code then try this?
The Scroller.asm
(15.51 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
It should scroll 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Ive commented the section of code that you need to change if you want the matrix to say something else?

Gavin

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Thu May 17, 2012 12:42 am

bitfogav wrote:marC if your still having problems with coding the Assembly code then try this?
The Scroller.asm
It should scroll 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Ive commented the section of code that you need to change if you want the matrix to say something else?

Gavin
thank you!

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Thu May 17, 2012 3:44 am

bitfogav wrote:marC if your still having problems with coding the Assembly code then try this?
The Scroller.asm

Gavin
Is it possible to make it scroll bicolor ?

thanks!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu May 17, 2012 4:09 am

nodoubtman wrote:Is it possible to make it scroll bicolor ?

thanks!
The Great Race and Santa’s Scramble schematic was only designed to use one colour. if you want a scrolling Matrix that uses bicolour then you might have to look at making a circuit like the 8x8 Game System.

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Thu May 17, 2012 4:17 am

bitfogav wrote:
nodoubtman wrote:Is it possible to make it scroll bicolor ?

thanks!
The Great Race and Santa’s Scramble schematic was only designed to use one colour. if you want a scrolling Matrix that uses bicolour then you might have to look at making a circuit like the 8x8 Game System.
ok, so the santa's scramble is using the same schematic right?

thanks!