Setting the pickit 2 up with Swordfish

Post here to discuss programming with swordfish basic

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tgraz34
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Setting the pickit 2 up with Swordfish

Post by tgraz34 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Im just getting into swordfish basic and need a little help setting it up. I have the pic kit connected to my pic chip but nothing happens when i hit the compile and program button.

Is there a special way to set up the pickit 2 to work with swordfish basic?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Setting the pickit 2 up with Swordfish

Post by brad » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:12 pm

I havent actually setup the pickit 2 with swordfish but there is a really cool tool in the pickit 2 software.

Open up the pickit2 software and click the button near the bottom right corner:
"auto import hex + write device"
screen-capture.png
screen-capture.png (12.59 KiB) Viewed 17414 times
This will load your hex file and program it to the microcontroller. The pickit2 software then waits in the background and detects if a change has been made to the hex file, when it detects a change it will program it to the microcontroller straight away. This means when you compile it in swordfish,it will automatically program it.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Brad thats a cool function I didnt even know about :D thanks!

There is a special way you have to setup the Pickit2 to swordfish, you have to add the pickit2 and setup the command lines for it in swordfish.
more info of this can be found here:

http://digital-diy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=671

*updated link*
http://digitaldiy.io/index.php/forum/sw ... mitstart=0

If you want the PICkit to power your circuit once it's programmed then use this command line when you setup the PicKit2 in swordfish:

/PPIC$target-device$ /F$long-hex-filename$ /M /R /T /Hk

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 am

I didn't actually know how to set it up with swordfish - so thanks for your tips :D

tgraz34

Post by tgraz34 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:30 am

Thank you both for the awesome tips. :mrgreen:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:36 pm

No problem!