My knight rider

Post here to discuss the PIC microcontroller tutorials.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My knight rider

Post by selnesl » Wed May 26, 2010 6:01 am

This is my result after the tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmUEUOxe_Ns

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My knight rider

Post by brad » Wed May 26, 2010 6:15 am

selnesl wrote:This is my result after the tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmUEUOxe_Ns
That is really cool! I'm glad the tutorial helped and I can see from the video that you managed to modify the code yourself to make a different scanning effect. :)

selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by selnesl » Wed May 26, 2010 7:15 am

thanks.. yes i did. I like the ver2 with 0 and 1, it's easy to see the pattern in the lights

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 pm

That is cool. I didn't look at anything in the background and was too busy focusing on the car.

I thought, "Dang, what a nice car!". I was also wondering if you own a company that does car mods. Then a great big hand came and picked up the body :shock: ... needless to say, I felt pretty stupid!

Great job by the way! :D

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat May 29, 2010 10:56 pm

It had me fooled for the first few seconds!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun May 30, 2010 12:40 am

brad wrote:It had me fooled for the first few seconds!
My brain doesn't work as fast as yours.

It doesn't work as good either! :?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun May 30, 2010 8:23 am

sdudley wrote:
brad wrote:It had me fooled for the first few seconds!
My brain doesn't work as fast as yours.

It doesn't work as good either! :?
We good brain all have

selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by selnesl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 am

her is the files for my knight rider led.. hope some can use it for there project
tutorial_3_knightrider_ver_2.asm
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 935 times
Pickit2 on pic16f628a.JPG
Pickit2 on pic16f628a.JPG (24.06 KiB) Viewed 27981 times
knight rider.jpg
knight rider.jpg (57.16 KiB) Viewed 27981 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks very much for posting - I tried to open the code but it seemed to be a broken link.

Are you able to upload again?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Never mind, it seems that the download links have all been broken - looks like I have to go and fix the problem!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:37 pm

All fixed!

Thanks for the code and images!

selnesl
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by selnesl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:14 am

it is i that shall thank. u guided me too it with the tutorials :)

and after someone wanted it on youtube, i went tru the old pc and found it :D :D

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:36 am

Now the images are loading, I had a look at your schematic and noticed you didn't have any resistors in series with your LEDs. Even though you are only running the circuit with 3V, the forward voltage drop of red LED's is normally somewhere around 2v. This means the rest will be dropped within the micro controller port pins and can (possibly) cause undesired results.

Just my tip for the day!