Tutorial 6 - Help with interfacing a keypad

Post here to discuss the PIC microcontroller tutorials.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fluroblue
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tutorial 6 - Help with interfacing a keypad

Post by Fluroblue » Sun May 15, 2011 4:54 pm

im using my keypad now and ive finished it. a problem ive come across is that when i press the buttons its not matching, i wasnt sure how the connections from the keypad to the board went so i just put lined them up like in the schematic, so i think thats the problem. so if you guys know plz tell :)

(Edited - I have moved this post here to give it it's own topic. bitfogav)

bitfogav

Re: Tutorial 6 - Help with interfacing a keypad

Post by bitfogav » Sun May 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Fluroblue,

Sounds to me that you connected your keypad incorrectly, heres some diagrams which might help you connect up the keypad correctly :)

Hope this Helps.
3x4keypad.jpg
3x4keypad.jpg (36.29 KiB) Viewed 20635 times

Fluroblue
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Fluroblue » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Brilliant! it works thanks for that!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am

Nice work bitfogav!

nodoubtman
Can't get enough of electronics!

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:49 am

Hi! I have bought this keypad : http://www.abra-electronics.com/product ... rrencyId=2

it got 8 pins, i cannot find the datasheet, someone can help me with these pins according to brad tutorial?

thanks a bunch!
marC:)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I just did a google search for keypad pinout and it had this image. It could be what you need.

(Image from http://talkingelectronics.com/pay/PIC/PIC-Page21.html)

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:23 am

brad wrote:I just did a google search for keypad pinout and it had this image. It could be what you need.

(Image from http://talkingelectronics.com/pay/PIC/PIC-Page21.html)
thank you so much brad! i will let you know how it goes :)

thanks!
marC:)