Tutorial 4 help with Interfacing buttons

Post here to discuss the PIC microcontroller tutorials.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fluroblue
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tutorial 4 help with Interfacing buttons

Post by Fluroblue » Sun May 15, 2011 2:27 pm

im adding the buttons to the knightrider tutorial and it seems to just be doing the back and forth thing instead of moving with the buttons, anyone know what this could mean?

(Edited - I have moved this post here to give it it's own topic. bitfogav)

bitfogav

Re: Tutorial 4 help with Interfacing buttons to the LED proj

Post by bitfogav » Sun May 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi Fluroblue,

Have you made sure that you are using the code from tutorial 4 and have the buttons connected to PORTA.0 and POARTA.1?

Fluroblue
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tutorial 4 help with Interfacing buttons

Post by Fluroblue » Sun May 15, 2011 9:51 pm

thanks for your help. i found the mistake, its pretty sad :P i just forgot to click 'program' after picking pickit 2 so it was just powering my last project :S sorry for the waste of time.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm

ahhh not to worry, its how we all learn :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am

I have learned from many, many mistakes!