LM3886 Schematics + PCB

Post here to discuss designing your own PCB's

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mkioiu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LM3886 Schematics + PCB

Post by mkioiu » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Hello!
Very small PCB based on Yorkville Amps.
This circuit diagram Yorkville use in 50w guitar and keyboard amp, active stidio monitor, active PA speakers, small powered mixer... Circuit is simple R5, C5 and D1 make turn on/off delay on mute pin. I made over 80 PCBs, and use PC procesor heatsink for cooling. Most of them work in 2-6 channel amplifier for caffe-bars. Work great over 2 years in all condition even sumer heat. I you are beginer in DIY, start with this amp.
Pout 68W RMS, THD 0,01%, Damping >400
PCB size 53x25mm
I use the LM3886 was bought from kynix semiconductor. There is the datasheet : http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf967 ... 789714.pdf

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: LM3886 Schematics + PCB

Post by Garth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:21 am

Those "Overture"-series audio power amps, originally from National Semiconductor (which has unfortunately been taken over by TI) seemed to be really nice (although I can't say I've ever used one).

Apparently you have to be logged into that website to see those pictures. Can you copy them to your post?

I wouldn't worry about damping factor. I've seen people use huge cables and all that, not realizing that the 8Ω speakers themselves have at least a couple of ohms of DC resistance if not more, and the crossover will have some too. The voicecoils are wound with thin wire to keep the moving portion light.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

mkioiu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mkioiu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Sorry. I'm not very good at this. I will re-post the pictures.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Thanks very much for sharing the design mkioiu. Have you worked on many other amplifier designs in the past?