Power inputs

Post here to discuss all things DigiPixel related.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hitchcock4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Power inputs

Post by hitchcock4 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 am

All,
I can't locate the information on the 3 ways to power it right now.

If I use the BATT+ and BATT- can I use up to 9 volts?

When should I use VIN as opposed to 5V as input?

Thanks.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Power inputs

Post by brad » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi hitchcock4, whenever using Vin on an arduino you are connecting to the input and ground of the voltage regulator. You should be able to apply up to 18v to Vin, so you will certainly be fine with 9volts.

You would use the 5v input if you have a circuit that already has its own regulator that is supplying 5v :)