Bitmap converter for OSX

Post here to discuss all things DigiPixel related.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
krummrey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bitmap converter for OSX

Post by krummrey » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi,

I'm on a Mac so I can't use Brad's VisualBasic converter. And the online-converter from Tedder (http://tedder.me/digipixel-creator/) gave me all zeros using a PNG written by Photoshop.

Does anyone have a working solution for Macs?

Jan

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bitmap converter for OSX

Post by brad » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:30 am

Hi jan, sorry to hear that the online converter is not working for you. I will have a look at it and see what the problem is. To help me out, could you please post your graphic you were trying it with here so I can see what the problem is?

ultrabob

Post by ultrabob » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:26 pm

I can give you a gif for which that has happened.
Pixel-mario.gif
This beautiful Mario generates all zeros
Pixel-mario.gif (3.36 KiB) Viewed 17142 times

ultrabob

Post by ultrabob » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Everything I've thrown at it in Safari results in all zeros. Chrome on the other hand gave me values. krummrey it may be worth trying it out in a different browser.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 pm

I just tried this test image:
dicenumbers.PNG
dicenumbers.PNG (251 Bytes) Viewed 17138 times
And it gave me all zeros. I then refreshed the page, opened the image again and it worked.

So I guess as an interim fix try this:

:arrow: Open the graphic converter webpage - http://tedder.me/digipixel-creator/
:arrow: Open your file
:arrow: Refresh the browser window / tab
:arrow: Open the file again and now it should give you your data.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

krummrey

Post by krummrey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:04 am

It works in Chrome! Safari and Firefox give me all zeros.
Thanks. Will try to beef up FlappyPixel with a spaschscreen. :D

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Glad to hear it is working at least in Chrome. Did you get to try safari with the refresh option?

Be sure to let me know if you include a flappypixel splash screen :)