Amicus IDE TUTORIAL

A place to discuss the dual microcontroller development board.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Amicus IDE TUTORIAL

Post by sdudley » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:45 am

Here is a nice tutorial for learning BASIC using the Amicus IDE. The tutorial focuses on the 18f25k22 so this is perfect for the PICnDuino. There are only four chapters right now and I have no idea if he plans to add more, but it's a nice start for new users.

http://www.hobbyelectronics.net/uploads ... apter1.pdf

http://www.hobbyelectronics.net/uploads ... apter2.pdf

http://www.hobbyelectronics.net/uploads ... apter3.pdf

http://www.hobbyelectronics.net/uploads ... apter4.pdf

Enjoy,

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Amicus IDE TUTORIAL

Post by brad » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks for the links Stacy!

I haven't ever seen those ones. It's a bit of a shame that more people aren't into basic programming (like amicus / swordfish) because it is such a nice microcontroller language to use :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

He did a nice job on those tutorials and the pages look like something out of a book. Unfortunately, it appears he lost interest. I checked his website which is really just a blog, and there is no mention of that tutorial. I don't even know how old they are. :?

I still have a bunch of PIC18lf2420's (from an old project you and I were going to work on together). The Microchip website says they are C compiler optimized but do you think I can use basic to program them (probably a stupid question)?

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 pm

I am pretty sure all 18f pics are C optimised. Unfortunately those 2420's are not supported by swordfish or amicus18. I dare say they would work with swordfish although you would need to create a custom include file for them.

Apart from arduino IDE, I haven't really ever looked into programming PIC's in any form of C.

How many of those micro's did you buy?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:19 pm

I have 25 of them I think. I got them when we were going to do the bicycle POV. If I use them for anything I would like to program them in BASIC but if there is no support then I'll just figure somthing else out. Sadly, all of my projects require little programming, and there really is no need to use much more than an 8 bit controller.

Stacy