Teaching kids microcontrollers through Scratch..

Post here to discuss all things Arduino!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Teaching kids microcontrollers through Scratch..

Post by sdudley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 pm

I posted this in another thread but thought it would go well here in the Arduino thread also...

https://www.sparkfun.com/news/1291?utm_ ... c-60581021

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Teaching kids microcontrollers through Scratch..

Post by brad » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:33 am

I replied to the other thread but here I am again!

Thanks for the link, I downloaded and installed. Certainly a great way to start out with some programming :)

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 am

I have not downloaded it. Probably won't get the chance anytime soon. Keep us posted as to what you think for beginners (like me)! :mrgreen:

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Installing was a tiny bit interesting. I had to make a number of folders within my Arduino folder. Then I had to copy the downloaded JAR file to the specified folder.

Once it was placed in the folder though, it worked like a charm. Load up arduino and then there's now an option to open up ardublock.

I will certainly see about putting it on my main site I.E. an install procedure and a quick intro. I think the drag and drop interface is really great!