Arduino is now my favourite programming environment...

Post here to discuss all things Arduino!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arduino is now my favourite programming environment...

Post by brad » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:15 pm

As the title suggests, I am now sold on the Arduino environment all thanks to a wonderful FREE plugin. Check it out here:
http://bradsprojects.com/?p=497&preview=true

bitfogav

Re: Arduino is now my favourite programming environment...

Post by bitfogav » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:59 am

Looks a bit like AVR studio, will look forward to the follow up Brad so i can try this out :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 am

Yes you're right - it is AVR Studio with the Visual Micro Plugin.

You may already know that AVR Studio is based around Visual Studio (which you know and love!) So now that it has the Visual Micro plugin, it is so nice to code for Arduino's (and dare I say it - more fun that programming in Swordfish Basic...)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:23 pm

brad wrote:(and dare I say it - more fun that programming in Swordfish Basic...)
Never thought I would hear you say that :wink:

I have now installed Visual Micro plugin, took a bit to get it working but now I'm enjoying Intellisense!. So easy adding Compiler controls (For loops, switch statements), saves typing it all out.. 8)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Sorry I didn't get around to showing how to install it all bitfogav, but glad you got it working!

I plan on making some sort of LED game using arduino soon :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 am

Thats cool, Ive just been porting some Firewing code to Arduino.

Have you checked out this? arduino compatible starter kit its like kickstarter where you back projects. these boards are cheap arduino boards!. I've backed the project. :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 pm

bitfogav wrote:Thats cool, Ive just been porting some Firewing code to Arduino.

Have you checked out this? arduino compatible starter kit its like kickstarter where you back projects. these boards are cheap arduino boards!. I've backed the project. :)
Thanks for sharing Gav! I have posted it in my 'cool things from around the internet' page:
http://bradsprojects.com/cool-things-fr ... -internet/

Such a bargain price!

I have just purchased mine :)
screen-capture-2.png
screen-capture-2.png (24.83 KiB) Viewed 15507 times