I2C EEPROM Shield and Platforms Roundup

Post here to discuss all things Arduino!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 pm

The shield is composed of a Microchip 24FC1025 which is a 1024 megabit (128 kilobyte) EEPROM, and supporting circuitry of jumpers, sockets, and resistors. The jumpers provide options for the implementation to support a variety of platforms.

http://techwithdave.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... undup.html

The shield is for Arduino using a Microchip 24FC1025 EPROM.

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: I2C EEPROM Shield and Platforms Roundup

Post by Garth » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm

He recommends the I²C EEPROM, saying it is much easier to use than SPI. Although I do like I²C and have used the 24-family I²C EEPROMs, I have also just completed a project with the 25VF032 4-megabyte (32 megabit) SPI flash in a tiny SO-8, and it was not difficult. You can write bytes and byte pairs instead of having to do a whole page at a time like many other SPI flash memories, and it only takes 10µs for that write. Erasing does need to be done in blocks though.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I2C EEPROM Shield and Platforms Roundup

Post by brad » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Garth - what did you interface the 25VF032 with?