MakerBuino build yourself kit

Post here to discuss all things Arduino!

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

MakerBuino build yourself kit

Post by bitfogav » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 pm

As we all love anything electronic and to do with gaming here I thought I would share this! :)
I was a Kickstarter backer to this project back in Feb 2017, and I have just received my kits (July).

The Makerbuino is based on the GAMEbuino except that it's a kit that you build yourself which includes soldering mostly through hole
components. It's all powered by Arduino and has a vast open source game library. I look forward to making some cool games for this!.

I think they are taking orders on there sales page but I would hold back on that for now as there was a delay in me receiving my order
and I see other Kickstarter backers are still waiting on the forum for there kits.

Makerbuino Website link

myBunioKits.jpg
My Built Makerbuinos
myBunioKits.jpg (112.17 KiB) Viewed 179249 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MakerBuino build yourself kit

Post by brad » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Sorry Gav for my late reply. Since getting the retroball kickstarter up and running, I haven't logged into the forum!

I was actually following this on Kickstarter and I was glad to see that it did really well - mainly because the projects I put on kickstarter are of the same DIY electronics nature!

There seems to be a lot of discrete components there - are they mainly required by the LCD display or maybe for audio perhaps?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:05 am

Yes I've seen you have been busy, looks like Retroball is doing very well, I'm sure ill be backing it but waiting too see what funds I have over next few weeks :) I really like that you've designed it around the arduino and pic.
brad wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 pm
There seems to be a lot of discrete components there - are they mainly required by the LCD display or maybe for audio perhaps?
Yes mainly for the audio, the sounds are great with the small speaker. I'm yet to try out the audio jack function.

A backup of my sd card:
Makerbuino SD Card.zip
(943.38 KiB) Downloaded 1007 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm

No need to back retroball - i'll just send you one!