Not working properly

Post here to discuss anything to do with The Super Pong Table

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rhshanks
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Not working properly

Post by rhshanks » Sat May 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi! I stumbled upon your project on the instructables website. I must say, it is really amazing.
So i followed all the instructions and made my own super pong table. But when i started it, it didn't really do much.
It showed the title Super Pong Table as a mirror image. Also it was a little bit moved towards a corner.
In few initial startups it showed choose your player screen. But now it doesn't even show that.
The main problem is that the two buttons for mode and player selection do not work. They seem to show no effect on the game.
But in-spite of all this sometimes the game starts randomly.
I don't know where i have made a mistake.
I have checked all the circuit for any loose connection or any mistake as per the schematic you have given.

Info:
I have made 30x30 matrix instead of 32x32 and thereby skipped the 4 connections corresponding to the border led's in the schematic.
I have used the super pong knockout code in the micro controller.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Not working properly

Post by brad » Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 pm

Could you please upload a photo of your super pong table circuit board so I can see what version you have?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm

This problem has come up before I just remembered!

Try this updated super pong table knockout code and see if it works for you :)

download/file.php?id=694

also, if you have a bit of time, you can read through the previous posts on a similar problem to yours:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=725&start=15

rhshanks

Post by rhshanks » Fri May 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Hey brad, sorry to replying late. This is the project i made, i've attached the pics. I didn't have the pcb so i have wired all the connections. The mode button is not working, display is mirrored and one line is behaving like a permanent wall. Moreover upon turning on the circuit, random things are happening, i.e. like shows the "super pong table" or player select or the game, but all randomly. I have done exactly as given on instructables, please tell me if there is something there.
please see the attachments.

link to video, when powered on, mode buttons not working here

please help, this project is already selected for display in the university. :)
Attachments
IMG_20140516_120343.jpg
mirrored display
IMG_20140516_120343.jpg (1022.37 KiB) Viewed 28718 times

rhshanks

Post by rhshanks » Sat May 17, 2014 3:13 am

i updated the code now that u sent
but now it is not working only only 9 squares emerge of the led's of 4x4 and nothing else happens

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun May 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Hmm, firstly by looking at the video, you will need to rewire your less so that it is not back to front. You will just need to swap the left most connection with the right most connection, then the second left most connection with the second right most etc. Keep doing this until all 30 have been re-wired.

As for the screen having a solid line and also what appears to be some ghosting (for example, down the bottom of the screen). This would be caused by either faulty wiring / soldering (I.E. you may have shorting a cathode to an anode somewhere) or you may have a faulty LED or maybe a few. I have had this sort of ghosting problem before when making my own matrix displays and it is always down to one of those two problems.

Now as for the screen displaying random things (sometimes the super ping title, sometimes the game etc. This is because the buttons are not connected to where they should be. Unfortunately I messed up the code on my latest instructables upload. Did you have a chance to have a read through the link I posted above? that link tells you where the buttons actually need to connect to.

rhshanks

Post by rhshanks » Mon May 19, 2014 2:34 am

do i need to put the pull down resistors

i know abt wiring mess its just temporary as it will put under the lid i will but on the box to cover it

nd wat abt the code as this video was before i updated the new code you referred in the above posts as know i have updated it

the led dont display much jst some randomly lit lines

rhshanks

Post by rhshanks » Mon May 19, 2014 3:49 am

i read ur link bt still it's not clear to me where the buttons to be attached
it only tells that u corrected the code nt the position of buttons

and the second jst tells to ground the push buttons which i have done only as it was in schematics

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue May 20, 2014 12:19 am

Make sure you are using this version of the game, it has a fix for the buttons.
SuperPongTableKnockout.zip
(36.64 KiB) Downloaded 1549 times
Then make sure that your circuit diagram is exactly like the circuit diagram that you would have downloaded from instructables. Let me know how this goes for you.

rhshanks

Post by rhshanks » Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm

ok i will try the above code
and jst to make sure of instructable schematics(below) wouldn't it result in logic 0 when i press the button

so jst one question do while making connections to PIN 6 and PIN 7 do irequire to produce logic 0 when i press the button and logic 1 when button is not pressed because if i m not wrong the schematics says so

pls reply asap
Attachments
ni.PNG
ni.PNG (7.81 KiB) Viewed 28676 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue May 20, 2014 9:00 pm

so jst one question do while making connections to PIN 6 and PIN 7 do irequire to produce logic 0 when i press the button and logic 1 when button is not pressed because if i m not wrong the schematics says so
Yes that is correct. When the button is not pressed you will get a logic 1.

When the button is pressed you will get a logic 0.

That is exactly what the code is looking for :)

rhshanks

Post by rhshanks » Tue May 20, 2014 9:29 pm

ok i l let u know as soon as i try the code

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Ho did you get on with this rhshanks? Did you get it working?