Table not doing much

Post here to discuss anything to do with The Super Pong Table

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

cnribbens
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Table not doing much

Post by cnribbens » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 am

Haha I understand!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 pm

I was experimenting with oscillator configurations while looking into VGA graphics. I did some tests with RetroBall / pong table but it would not use the external oscillator for some reason - even though I set it in code, it would still default to the 8MHz internal clock. When I next find some time I'll delve into it a little more. In the mean time, here's a quick and dirty fix that get's rid of the flicker, but makes it more dim (It does this by reducing the amount of time it spends keeping each row of LED's on)
let me know how it goes for you.

cnribbens

Post by cnribbens » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 am

Cool! I uploaded the new code and the flickering is gone except during the pause moments when the game shows the score for every player, maybe the code there is not optimized?

I don't really notice any decrease in brightness actually, so that's a good thing.

Quick and dirty fix also works :P

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Glad to hear it worked (well sort of worked) :)

cnribbens

Post by cnribbens » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Lol I didn't even realised that the upgrade board with the crystal also works now, haha!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:58 pm

With that same code i sent you? Does it still work if you disconnect the external oscillator?

cnribbens

Post by cnribbens » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 am

Oh wait the new code is not using the new oscillator. I'll check!

cnribbens

Post by cnribbens » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Hey Brad,

I finally found some time to work on the table again :D I disconnected the board and nothing changed, so it's not using the crystal right now. So the new code already improved the screen without using the new crystal.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Yep no Crystal :)

One day (I hope) I will get around to actually fixing this up properly, but I'm glad it works alright for you for the time being :)