Not Turning on all the way

Post here to discuss anything to do with The Super Pong Table

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
googlexx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Not Turning on all the way

Post by googlexx » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am

I've setup everything except when I turn on the game a couple of the rows of LED's flash for a second and then turn off. I've attached a video of what it looks like. Any ideas what I did wrong?

If you need more pictures or anymore information just let me know. I'm new to this but I'm learning fast and really trying my best to get this to work. Thanks :)

http://youtu.be/kq1_ZoOWX2A

bitfogav

Re: Not Turning on all the way

Post by bitfogav » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi googlexx, Ive not actually built this project of Brads yet, but it looks like you might have a poor connection, power supply issue, poor solder joint or a short on one of your solder joints?.

Double check your solder connections on the main chip and the 74373's, as the pins are quite close together, also I am guessing you have programmed the microchip with the software?.

Gavin.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:01 am

This maybe a silly question, but did you program the microcontroller first?

googlexx

Post by googlexx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:37 pm

yeah I did. I'll check all the solder connections again and let you guys know.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 am

I had some trouble with mine also - The biggest thing that can go wrong is that you may have a faulty LED which is hard to track down because they are all connected in a matrix. If one LED is faulty, it can cause a whole row or multiple rows to go faulty.