totaly awsome project

Post here to discuss anything to do with The Super Pong Table

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

totaly awsome project

Post by MrDEB » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 pm

too bad you couldn't do the leds in smd. Perhaps copper tape?
Wonder what the spacing is on a peg board?
IMPORTANT ??? On your DIPTRACE schematic, how do you get rid of the white boundary lines around a schematic unless its a paid version which I assume it is seeing how you have more that 300 connections.
Wonder how expensive it would be to use LED Matrix displays? $$$$
using RGB LEDs? or even bi-color.
Use a different colored LED for each players paddle.
An idea that slamed into my head!! combine this super pong table w/ tetris
SUPER TETRIS TABLE
now that would be way off the charts.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: totaly awsome project

Post by brad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:50 am

Thanks!

I have found a much better way of making the display - and that is to not make it at all, just buy it!

You can get a 16x32 pixel RED LED display for $10 each here: (postage is a little expensive though. two boards + postage = $57)
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/703830/ ... e-P10.html
screen-capture-2.png
screen-capture-2.png (466.53 KiB) Viewed 12918 times
You are thinking right up my alley with tetris. I already have though about an RGB version which would be an all in one game table. You could play super pong + mario bros + other games aswell - all in 3-bit color!

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:16 am

Looking at schematic and pcboard but only one Vdd pin is connected to 5+
reason?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm

I have found that you only need one connected.

Some people say you should have both connected but I have never run into any problems with only one. I guess it could increase the current capability, but I am not using the microcontroller to drive any high current components directly (like LED's)