RetroBall - Showcase :) - have some circuit boards left

Post here to discuss anything to do with The Super Pong Table

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
State
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

RetroBall - Showcase :) - have some circuit boards left

Post by State » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:20 am

Hello Board :)

i've build the RetroBall game and thought i'll show it to you.

Maybe it helps someone building his own.

If someone needs a circuit board ... i have some left, because the minimum order volume was much bigger then needed ;)
Paid 30€ for 12 boards ... won't make profit from this ... so thats $3 for each board + postage ... if someone wants one or two or ...
Int. postage is $4 ... delivery time for most countries within a week.

I customised my build a little bit ... there is a brightness and a volume regulator at the bottom. The brightness makes a big difference on battery time and it's nice to be able to adjust it depending on the surrounding light situation. I calculated that my setup with 6 AA batteries with each 1900mAh lasts between 3 and 8 hours depending on the brightness.

For the case i used the plate of a 7€(~$5?) IKEA living room table. These plates are empty, so it's easy to install everything in there. I used nylon screws to mount the LEDs in the needed height and to tie down the PlexiGlas. Between the frame of the Plexi and the case i placed a seal ... bad things happen and they should not destroy the pong ;)
The knobs for the players are 3D printed ... didn't find affordable ones in the right size.
Power switch and select button are placed on player 1 side and i've added a short explanation text there too (a little bit orientated at the text of the original pong arcade machine). All texts are sprayed on ... used a vinyl cutter for the stencils.

Ordered the electronic parts mostly from element14 / farnell. The P10 modules from a seller on aliexpress ... i think it does not matter which P10 module to choose as long as it's only one color.

I had a problem with the board layout ... it's missing a trace but the fix is very easy ... for more details see viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1172.

The only thing missing is a little knob for the volume potentiometer ... needs a screwdriver currently.

The inside photo is not from the final version ... the brightness potentiometer is missing ... i have no photo from inside with all finished. For the brightness i've added the potentiometer in parallel to the 560 Ohm resistor of the 5V regulator (lower resistance, lower voltage ... 5V is only used for the P10 modules). And the P10 modules are plugged in wrong on this photo ;) (Display A on the connector of Display B ...)

Thanks again to brad for making the code and schematics available to the world! Added credits on the case ;)
Attachments
DSC02372.jpg
DSC02372.jpg (81.93 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
DSC02371.jpg
DSC02371.jpg (68.53 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
DSC02375.jpg
DSC02375.jpg (98.47 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
DSC02374.jpg
DSC02374.jpg (97.49 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
DSC02383.jpg
DSC02383.jpg (100.6 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG (129.65 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG (170.9 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG (244.49 KiB) Viewed 30304 times
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG (101.1 KiB) Viewed 30304 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: RetroBall - Showcase :) - have some circuit boards left

Post by brad » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Very nice work!

Thanks for posting the pics, I like seeing other peoples implementations of retroball. When I get some time over the weekend I'll post your's to my main website.

Thanks again and great job!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RetroBall - Showcase :) - have some circuit boards left

Post by brad » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get around to this, but i've featured your RetroBall build on my main website. thanks again for posting!