VB Pong game

Post here to discuss programming in VB.net

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

VB Pong game

Post by bitfogav » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 am

Hi all,

here is a simple pong game in VB. its not my own work but thought I would share it :)
you can select two players or one player and play against the computer. controls are keys "Q" and "A".

(note this is the source code for VB so you will need visual studio, express to play it)

pongpic1.jpg
pongpic1.jpg (5.17 KiB) Viewed 25960 times
pong_game.rar
(119.49 KiB) Downloaded 837 times

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: VB Pong game

Post by sdudley » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

That's really nice and all but I found this REALLY COOL instructable where some guy made a 4 player SUPER PONG TABLE! I wish I could remember the link to it. If I find it I'll let you know.

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:25 am

I know thats an amazin pong table! :D

Now you would'nt be meaning this link Stacy?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=383

Or even this link?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-P ... fee-Table/

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sdudley » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:36 am

That's kind of like the one I was thinking about, but here is the link to the actual table I was talking about:

http://hackaday.com/2011/03/29/super-po ... s-the-fun/

:wink:
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:14 am

aww you guys!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 am

Stacy! I found an even better site for a pong table!!! hehe!!

wow 900 leds! hehe! :)

http://digital-diy.com/Projects/coffee- ... -game.html

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:37 am

NOW THAT'S THE ONE I REALLY LIKE! That is the authentic Chinese manufactured unit.

It makes all the others look like cheap Australian rip-offs!

:mrgreen:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Nothing but quality product coming from Australia!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:35 am

Nice flag Brad :D

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:46 pm

brad wrote:Nothing but quality product coming from Australia!
I want to move to the land down under - where women blow and men thunder...

Any good jobs over there? I'm sick of this place!

See... I'm so disgusted I won't paste the flag.

By the way, did I ever mention one of my favorite MotoGP riders is from Australia? Casey Stoner. Do you know him? :wink:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:34 am

Here you go Stacy - this is your flag isn't it?

I'm sure there are some jobs around the place that you could go for :)

Maybe it's time to start up BradStacy Industries?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:27 am

brad wrote:Here you go Stacy - this is your flag isn't it?

I'm sure there are some jobs around the place that you could go for :)

Maybe it's time to start up BradStacy Industries?
Yeah... that's my flag alright! I live in Florida, Canada. That's on the eastern side of the United Arab Emirates. It's very close to Cancun, Mexico which is a really great place to hang out at the beaches. I'll take my jet ski over there once in while and snowboard down the slopes. :wink:

Stacy

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 am

So many things wrong with that comment!