Pixel Paint Version 2

Post here to discuss programming in VB.net

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pixel Paint Version 2

Post by brad » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 am

I did a little bit extra with this today and am just using it as a learning experience really.

I have version 2 for download, I have come up with a better way to detect keypresses (which is independent of the normal key repeat rate) Which allows you to increase or decrease the rate yourself. This version also allows multiple key presses at the same time, I have worked on the flicker a little bit also. And lastly, I have added a NES control pad to show what you have pressed.

For the keypresses, I have set a flag when the key is pressed and then the flag is only cleared when the key is then released. A timer is then called to update the graphics dependent upon what is stored within the flags.

Once again, the keys are:

H = UP
N = DOWN
B = LEFT
M = RIGHT
A = PAINT PIXEL

ScreenShot:
PixelPaint2.png
PixelPaint2.png (44.79 KiB) Viewed 11870 times
Exe File Download:
Attachments
PixelPaintVer2.zip
(78.4 KiB) Downloaded 678 times

bitfogav

Re: Pixel Paint Version 2

Post by bitfogav » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 pm

What would be a good feature for this, is an output window which gave you a Binary output of each column, so you could copy and paste it to your 8x8 matrix PIC code, this is something that I added to my 8x8 matrix App :) (not saying you have to do the same but it was useful).

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pixel Paint Version 2

Post by brad » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 am

You've just given me a good idea!

I'd love to design a program that allows you to draw different levels for games on the LEDBOY :)