USB Battery Charging with the Microchip/SMSC

Post here to teach people how to do something.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

USB Battery Charging with the Microchip/SMSC

Post by Chuckt » Mon May 05, 2014 8:48 pm

The Universal Serial Bus (USB) is the most used computer interface in the world. It started as an
expansion bus for personal computers, but has proliferated quickly due to its flexibility, performance,
and hot plug capability. It is used by most portable electronic devices that require PC connectivity for
file transfers. These devices include MP3 players, digital cameras, cellphones, and tablets. Since a
standard USB bus downstream port can provide at least 500 mA of current, it was convenient to use
it for charging these devices. This document describes how this current limit can be increased and
how the SMSC USB2534 Hub Controller with RapidChargeTM can be used to implement a system
solution to efficiently charge portable devices.
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/A ... 567019.pdf

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: USB Battery Charging with the Microchip/SMSC

Post by brad » Tue May 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Thanks for the download Chuck. This is actually something I have been reading into for one of my current projects!