Wire wrap - from Wikipedia

Post here to teach people how to do something.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wire wrap - from Wikipedia

Post by Chuckt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:59 pm

I found on article on wire wrap and I wanted to share it.
Wire wrap construction can produce assemblies which are more reliable than printed circuits: connections are less prone to fail due to vibration or physical stresses on the base board, and the lack of solder precludes soldering faults such as corrosion, cold joints and dry joints. The connections themselves are firmer and have lower electrical resistance due to cold welding of the wire to the terminal post at the corners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_wrap

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wire wrap - from Wikipedia

Post by brad » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 pm

I'll be teaching wire wrapping techniques this week!

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:21 pm

My 6502 primer has a page called "Wire-Wrap (WW) Questions and Doubts."

Note that there are also WW PLCC sockets (although they're expensive and kind of hard to find).

http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:31 am

I have to admit that all of my boards look like your first few images in your link... Although I have learned wire wrapping I have never actually built a circuit that way. I have to say though, the wiring wrapping finished product is very nice.