Timers and Interrupts

Post here to teach people how to do something.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sdudley » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:12 am

Now that I am getting a better grasp on PWM, it will soon be time to revisit that old program. :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Always good to go back and improve on your code. I have done that a few times with some older projects.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:32 am

brad wrote:Always good to go back and improve on your code...
Improve? More like "SCRAP" and start over! :lol: <--- I don't like the way the laughing smiley looks. He looks more like he's trying to get something out of his teeth!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:01 am

To me it looks as though he is flapping his top lip up and down.

He needs to have his teeth open up as well. I mean, who laughs but still clench's their teeth shut?

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re:

Post by Garth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 pm

brad wrote:But if I am understanding the post correctly (and I don't think that I am) you have multiple interupts and no matter which one of those is flagged, it just jumps to a certain location in program memory - is that right?

I would have thought that if say external interrupt 1 was flagged, then it would jump to a certain part of the program which would be different to it external interrupt 2 was flagged...
Microcontrollers are more likely than separate microprocessors to have a separate vector for each interrupt source, since it will be known ahead of time what all the possible sources are since they're all on the same piece of silicon. In situations like separate microprocessors where there's not a separate interrupt vector for every possible interrupt, you have to poll the interrupt sources to ask which one cause the interrupt. This might seem like an awful lot of overhead, and indeed we see ridiculously long canned routines printed in ap. notes and programming manuals. However, there's no sense in wasting time polling sources that are not even enabled, and in spite of how many possible interrupt sources there are, or how many features in the I/O/timer ICs you're using, you probably won't be using the interrupt feature of very many of those. I have a 6502 interrupts primer at http://wilsonminesco.com/6502interrupts/ . Enjoy my outdated cartoons. :lol:
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Timers and Interrupts

Post by brad » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:26 am

The outdated cartoons are nice and fitting!

I actually got a bit side tracked with your link - I moved on to the Atari Lynx page which is also fantastic! I still have an Atari Lynx I and II so I should look into those tutorials one day too :)