What is a Deep Web Search?

Post here to teach people how to do something.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What is a Deep Web Search?

Post by Chuckt » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:23 am

I asked myself this question myself and then I asked Google. When you give up on Google, where do you go to do a search?

http://deep-web.org/how-to-research/dee ... h-engines/
This article is about the part of the World Wide Web not indexed by traditional search engines. For the part of the World Wide Web which exists on Darknets, see dark web.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web_(search)

Stuff that is traditionally hidden on the internet is probably hidden for a reason so therefore this ends my discussion.

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: What is a Deep Web Search?

Post by Garth » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:42 am

Wow, thankyou for that extensive list! I really bugs me that people seem to think that Google is the only search engine, or the best. I and my family have been using ixquick.com instead. It works the same, but does not have the political and moral issues, and it does not record who searched for what. It's not in the U.S., so the U.S. government cannot subpoena records (which don't exist anyway) and label you a terrorist for looking up water balloons for your child's birthday party. (That's my joke to make a point.) I did notice that the medical ones in the list above however are highly centered on the corrupt pharmaceutical industry, so if you really want health, you'll look elsewhere. Google and especially Wikipedia are notorious for censoring health info that runs contrary to the industry profits.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:15 am

My mother and law and I have been misdiagnosed by doctors so I know what you mean and I've been sick the last 18 years while doctors have been laughing at me or telling me my sickness was something else that can't be cured while other doctors took my money and didn't solve anything. When I did tell my doctor the solution, he blamed the problem on me. Doctors pay the highest malpractice and I don't believe I should sue but what do you do when they almost take a life through their negligence? I think they need to change their education so they can recognize certain problems.

To get back on topic, hard things aren't always simple solutions and I think that these websites need to be tested. I think that some search may require some sophistication but that is why these websites need to be tested. Sometimes the relatively easy tasks require a lot of work which makes it not worth it.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 pm

I had no idea about this! I must admit I am just one of those who go along with the crowd and have always typed in 'google' whenever I wanted to search for something However back in the 90's I remember using yahoo and altavista as well...