the great race completed but only 1 problem.. look at my vid

Post here to discuss The Great Race.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nodoubtman
Can't get enough of electronics!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

the great race completed but only 1 problem.. look at my vid

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:10 am

Hi! I have completed the great race, but there is a problem, here's the video.
Can you guys tell me what is the pin of the 7442 has problem?

thank you!
marC:)

video link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-016DCC ... e=youtu.be

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: the great race completed but only 1 problem.. look at my

Post by brad » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 am

It looks as though you have something shorted. You shouldn't have any RED led's lighting up on that second bottom row.

Have a good look at your circuit to see if you can find some shorts.

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 am

brad wrote:It looks as though you have something shorted. You shouldn't have any RED led's lighting up on that second bottom row.

Have a good look at your circuit to see if you can find some shorts.
what is the output of the 7442 to lit up the second bottom row??
so i can see if something is shorted.. in there

thank you!
marC:)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but are you referring to the logic level coming out of the 7442? Because there will be a logic 0 coming out of the 7442 each time it is enabling one of the rows of cathodes.

I would just get a multimeter (on resistance setting) and check for any short circuits between the matrix pins.