Schematic

Post here to discuss The Great Race.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1kiko1
Can't get enough of electronics!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Schematic

Post by 1kiko1 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:16 am

here is my finished schematic
Attachments
The Great Race Schematic.jpg
The Great Race Schematic.jpg (311.88 KiB) Viewed 28552 times

rd1196
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Schematic

Post by rd1196 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 am

What pins exactly are connected to the buttons? Because I always seem to connects the wrong button to each pin so the car moves to the opposite side of the button

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Are you sure that you aren't just putting your buttons on the wrong sides?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Maybe the buttons are on backwards? :shock:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :P
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah you are probably right, I just wanted to make sure because it seemed odd that of the 3games ive build i had to change the button connections on all 3 of them

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 am

What do you mean by putting the buttons backwards? I thought it was the same to put the buttons one way or rotated 90 deegres

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 pm

rd1196 wrote:What do you mean by putting the buttons backwards? I thought it was the same to put the buttons one way or rotated 90 deegres
I was joking. You mentioned the cars going the opposite direction so I couldn't resist making a joke, sorry! :D

Yes, the buttons work both ways.
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

I know it was a joke but could that really be the problem? I mean if either side is fine (up or down) why if I use the connections shown on that schematic (the one provided by 1kiko1) the car goes the opposite sides?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:43 pm

One thing to note with the buttons is that there are four connections although they are shorted together on opposite sides to really give you just two connections. So just be mindful of where you connect your wires to.

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:40 am

http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Comp ... /00097.jpg in this picture you can see the internal connections of the buttons so I think the way to do it is connect either the ground or the microcontroller to pin 1 or 2 and the other one to pin 3 or 4, I mean I think it is the same to use 1-3 or 2-4. Brad using that picture what connections do you think would be wrong to do while using those buttons?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 am

I think you have put your LEFT button to pin RA7 and your RIGHT button to RA6.. When you really need to connect your LEFT button to RA6 and your RIGHT button to RA7 of the microcontroller pins.
the_great_race_schematic.png
the_great_race_schematic.png (27.13 KiB) Viewed 28414 times

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 am

I did connect RA6 to the left button and RA7 to the right but on the schematic on top of the topic it is actually the other way around

1kiko1

Post by 1kiko1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 am

ricky i did it the way in my schematic and i had no problem play with the cables and you will get success :D