help with the screen

Post here to discuss The Great Race.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

nodoubtman
Can't get enough of electronics!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: help with the screen

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:07 am

bitfogav wrote:Hopefully that helps, if you want to make the matrix display in RED leds then you need to swap the GREEN connections to the RED connections, if you need help with that then just ask and I will change the picture above for you.

Let us know if your matrix now works correctly :).
can i make a brad smile with two colors?
and for the great race, can you make me a picture thanks? :)

thanks!
marC:)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:15 am

nodoubtman wrote:can i make a brad smile with two colors?
I think weve talked about this before? No its not possible to use two colours with this circuit. we are limited to the amount of pins we have on the PIC.
nodoubtman wrote:and for the great race, can you make me a picture thanks?
Can we see if your matrix works first? :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

nodoubtman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:59 am

bitfogav wrote:
nodoubtman wrote:can i make a brad smile with two colors?
I think weve talked about this before? No its not possible to use two colours with this circuit. we are limited to the amount of pins we have on the PIC.
nodoubtman wrote:and for the great race, can you make me a picture thanks?
Can we see if your matrix works first? :)
Hi! :) Here's the matrix : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5not7jAo ... e=youtu.be
i hope this is okay.. but it doesnt seems to be a smile :P

thanks!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:12 am

Hi marC,

The video looks the same has the previous video? can you post the source code you are using?

Gavin :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 am

bitfogav wrote:Hi marC,

The video looks the same has the previous video? can you post the source code you are using?Gavin :)
i have only .hex file compiled, i think it is the wrong one, do you have the .hex file for brad smile??

thanks!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 am

yes try this :) its an Hex format ready to programme. but this is for a 16F648A PIC? what PIC are you using ?
smiley_face_8x8_matrix.rar
(267 Bytes) Downloaded 1206 times
I know it works because ive just put it onto my test board :)
bitfogavstestboard.jpg
bitfogavstestboard.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 45557 times

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:48 am

bitfogav wrote:yes try this :) its an Hex format ready to programme. but this is for a 16F648A PIC? what PIC are you using ?
smiley_face_8x8_matrix.rar
I know it works because ive just put it onto my test board :)
bitfogavstestboard.jpg
i have the pic16f628a

thanks!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:00 am

Ok heres the source code for the 16F628a :)
smiley_face_8x8_matrix_16F628A.rar
(275 Bytes) Downloaded 1204 times

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:15 am

bitfogav wrote:Ok heres the source code for the 16F628a :)
smiley_face_8x8_matrix_16F628A.rar
here's the smiley face : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6yAgC81 ... e=youtu.be
tell me if it is okay? because we don't see much things..
thanks!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Nice work there bitfogav. Infact - this award is for winning first place in the helping out by drawing diagrams award!

Anywho, it's very difficult to work out what your problem is just by looking at the video clip. As long as you have followed all the steps that have been laid out, it should work just fine.

Have you got everything connected correctly? Going by the schematic and bitfogavs revised drawing?
Have you programmed the microcontroller? are you sure that it is programmed?
Are you using all the correct hardware?

If I could just get a picture of your circuit, I may be able to spot something connected incorrectly. That would be a big help for us to help you. (I am guessing that you have built it on breadboard?)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 pm

brad wrote:Nice work there bitfogav. Infact - this award is for winning first place in the helping out by drawing diagrams award!
HAHA. thanks for my award Brad :lol: :D
brad wrote: Anywho, it's very difficult to work out what your problem is just by looking at the video clip. As long as you have followed all the steps that have been laid out, it should work just fine.
The issue has pretty much got me baffled/stumped.

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 am

thanks big! :)

is it possible now to have a the drawing of the great race schematic please? :)

thanks a lot!!! :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:42 am

Well this is the only other part to the schematics, all the other connections are on the last drawing diagram? :) can you post a picture of your bread board?
datalinespowerandgrounds.jpg
datalinespowerandgrounds.jpg (8.49 KiB) Viewed 45548 times

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 am

Hi! :)
i have seen the a red led is use in great race game? so, in your connection of the drawing, there is only green connection... :(

i dont understand.. :O ;s

i will try to do the digits scrolling like you showed me big :)

thanks!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 am

nodoubtman wrote:Hi! :)
i have seen the a red led is use in great race game? so, in your connection of the drawing, there is only green connection... :(

i dont understand.. :O ;s
Yes you are correct, I left out the RED led connection in the drawing to save confusion as it is not needed at this point and it is something we can add when you have your matrix working with a smiley face.

If the matrix still fails to display a smiley face then has Brad said can you post a picture of your circuit?, We may be able to spot something connected incorrectly. That would be a big help for us to help you..