help with the screen

Post here to discuss The Great Race.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

nodoubtman
Can't get enough of electronics!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: help with the screen

Post by nodoubtman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 pm

brad wrote:Have a look through the great race code and modify the track data to suit your text. (The great race just scrolls a table of data - so putting text in there will scroll the text)
i don't know how to modify it..sorry! :(
thank you!
marC:)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm

First see if you can get the game working, then we can help you modify it to show your text.

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 pm

here we go : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a7sWYNU ... e=youtu.be

i would like to write happy birthday message or others message on the matrix?
can you help me do that ?

thanks a lot!

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 am

i have figured it out by myself, it works! :)

thank you brad and bitfogav!!!
you have been a great help!

thanks a lot to all!
happy day! :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Great to hear that it is working for you!

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 am

i tried for the great race with red dot, and button, and it doesn't work, ... can you draw me same thing as bigof would be reallly really appreciate, by the way, i have soldered scrolling numbers from bigof, and i made my own personal message scrolling it is nice :)

thanks a bunch!
good evening! :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 pm

nodoubtman

Post by nodoubtman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 am

brad wrote:Here's a link to the schematic:
http://www.bradsprojects.com/the_great_ ... ematic.png

And here is the source code:
http://www.bradsprojects.com/the_great_ ... source.asm
i am talking about this kind of drawing :
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2416/m ... ctions.jpg

thanks!

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:26 am

The picture you posted lines up exactly with the schematic. Put those two pictures next to each other on your computer screen and compare them. Have a look at where each connection goes and you will see they are the same.

The only extra thing you need to add is the one extra wire on pin 2 of the microcontroller to the red cathodes on the led matrix (which should be the red dot in the bottom right corner on bitfogavs drawing.)

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:46 am

I just finished a prototype of the great race for a school project but for some reason column 5 and 7 switched places so all the data that is supposed to be on column 7 is on column 5 and vice versa. This project is due soon can you please point out all possible causes for this to happen?

Thanks

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 pm

What if you swap the connections over from column 5 to 7?
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:38 am

I guess i can try that, could there be any other source for this problem?

Thanks

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Unfortunately it's very hard for us to know the fault without seeing the physical circuit. But it happens to the best of us whereby we get connections around the wrong way. Give that a try in the first instance and if it's still no good we shall see where we can get to from there.

rd1196

Post by rd1196 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:30 am

I guess ill have to make a more thorough check because from a quick look i took that did not seem to be the problem

Thanks again

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat May 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Okay, keep us posted!