The reason the site was down due to bandwidth.

Post here to comment on the site. Good or bad...

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The reason the site was down due to bandwidth.

Post by brad » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:08 am

Welcome back everyone!

You may have noticed that the site has been down for the past few days. This was sort of my fault!

I have a huge retro video game collection that I was selling on ebay in one big bulk lot. Basically, people were so impressed with this massive collection up for grabs that they posted a link to it on all sorts of forums. My ebay listing went from just a couple of hundreds hits, to about 6,000 hits in just a few hours. The problem was that I had some large images of the collection hosted on bradsprojects.com The images totaled around 30 megabytes

30MB x 6000 hits = 180GB of download. My bandwidth for a month is limited to just 50GB

So allow me to say - oops!

Here a couple of small thumbnails of what I was selling (rather than the 12 megapixel images I did have uploaded)
SAM_9367.JPG
SAM_9367.JPG (171.45 KiB) Viewed 11709 times
SAM_9368.JPG
SAM_9368.JPG (170.48 KiB) Viewed 11709 times

Mitchy
decided to stick around...
decided to stick around...

Re: The reason the site was down due to bandwidth.

Post by Mitchy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow Brad, must have a pretty important reason to sell it all! Do you still have the passion for retro games?

If it helps, you can make a dummy article at Digital DIY and put the images up there. I have around 1500GB/mth bandwidth, and usually only need about 250GB for DD

* edit - you may not be familiar with DD articles; thumbnails are made for large images (over 678px). If you do want to link the full image, simply view the article and copy the thumbnail link (which would normally load the full image in shadow box). If none of that makes sense, PM me ;)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The reason the site was down due to bandwidth.

Post by brad » Mon May 02, 2011 5:58 am

Basically I have just been lazy :)

It has all been sitting in boxes for years not doing anything. I had fun collecting it but I just don't do anything with it. I still like to make my own retro games though!

thanks for the hosting offer, but I am now just selling them off in little bits and pieces to cater to a wider audience.