Huge Server Stuff up!

Post here to comment on the site. Good or bad...

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Huge Server Stuff up!

Post by brad » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 am

Hi everyone,

Well I must say, these past few weeks have been nothing less than interesting and frustrating!

My hosting company has been having huge problems with there servers but everytime I asked them why my site was going down so often, they kept replying "you just need to reset your browser cache"

If I had of known the extent of the situation I would have performed a full site backup. As such, their server crashed and all my latest data seems to be gone (the new forum theme, some posts etc...)

Thankfully I am now using iWeb to build the site which means it is all backed up on my computer so I can upload the site again.

Should be all good to go sometime today.

bitfogav

Re: Huge Server Stuff up!

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:21 am

Its nice to be able to log back into the forum Brad but its a shame that you lost all your lastest data due to the server :(

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Huge Server Stuff up!

Post by brad » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:59 am

It is unfortunate but I guess it all comes down to me doing regular backups (and going with a good hosting company!)