Sorry to mess everyone around!

Post here to comment on the site. Good or bad...

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sorry to mess everyone around!

Post by brad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi everyone.

I'd like to apologise for messing you all around with all the new sites and variations. I can now say that I will be sticking with this site and this forum.

Just a bit of background - I made a site back in 2006 / 2007 called retrobrad, it was all about retro video games. http://www.retrobrad.org

I designed the site and theme from the ground up and I have transferred that theme over to bradsprojects.com - so here it is!

All the projects and tutorials will be online soon. I am quite busy at the moment but I will get around to uploading them.

Thankyou for your patience and I look forward to seeing you in the forums!

-brad

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wise decision

Post by sdudley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 pm

That sounds like a wise decision.

You are already familiar with the layout and this forum is SOOOO much nicer! It's easy to follow each thread, has a PM and automatic email option, and is simply much more professional in my opinion.

Good-job mate!

Stacy

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:43 am

I really like this forum layout also!

It took me ages and ages to get it looking like this all those years ago. editing every button and icon to make it look just right.

Sounds like you should be living here in Australia - Mate! :D

oh by the way - where did you get your cool spinning pic logo from?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 am

brad wrote:...oh by the way - where did you get your cool spinning pic logo from?
What are you talking about? I don't have a spinning logo. :roll:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 am

You have a mighty morphin power logo

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

You're right... I can't stop this crazy thing!

How do you turn it off? :shock:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am

sdudley wrote:You're right... I can't stop this crazy thing!

How do you turn it off? :shock:
I'm afraid that you will need a pic18F

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 am

Now that's FUNNY! :D

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey Brad,

I never did answer your question about where I got my spinning logo.

I made it using a program I bought a few years back. It's called XARA 3D. I originally purchased it to add animated 3D text to my videos, but it didn't really produce the high quality I was looking for so it is now a dust collector on my shelf. If you want to add a little 3D animated text to your website let me know. I'll be happy to experiment with something for you.

Here is a link to XARA 3D

http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/features/

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Now that is really cool = )

do you just input the text and tell it to rotate and it spits out a file for you?

I thought that you had grabbed it from the microchip site or something like that :D

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 pm

brad wrote:do you just input the text and tell it to rotate and it spits out a file for you?...
Pretty much. You type in the text and then you can change the 3D style, lighting, texture, etc. then you output the file in the format you want.

They have a lot of videos showing all their programs and how they work.

Their programs are inexpensive and do some nice things but somewhat limited.