ISCP expander board ordered

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ISCP expander board ordered

Post by MrDEB » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:45 am

I got the components to be sure they all fit the PCboard inside the enclosure.
Ordered board from DIRT CHEAP PCboards. $14 for 10 free shipping.
The prototype works great and hopefully all is good at the board house.
Now you ask what is an ICSP expander??
You plug the Pickit into it along with 5 jumper wires and one 5 conductor ribbon cable then the Pickit can then access the Program, hardware UART and Logic Probe without plugging and plugging wires etc.
should come in handy if wanting to use other than programming.

bitfogav

Re: ISCP expander board ordered

Post by bitfogav » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:17 am

Nice.. do you have some images? :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MrDEB » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:11 am

I need to get a handle on the 3D but need an upgrade$$$ of SKETCHUP
board is 30mm x 30mm all to be enclosed is a clear blue enclosure
Attachments
icsp dongle.png
icsp dongle.png (35.09 KiB) Viewed 22623 times

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 am

Looking good, I like to see the finished board :)

What is component D6? The outer part of the pads for this part looks kind of small?..
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:43 pm

RGB led to indicate which mode your in. I should have increased the ring size but that's what I maybe made a mistake. When I get the boards I will hopefully be able to solder. Going to increase size before any futher order of boards depending on outcome of the first batch.
Have enough parts for 4 units but only 2 enclosures. Want to see how well everything fits first.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Well I hope the ring size of those pads aren't too small, keep us updated when you have one finished..

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Those are some very thin pads MrDEB!

One thing that I thought I might point out is that you have one resistor connected to the common cathode/anode leg of the RGB LED. I would highly recommend not having one at all on the common leg and then having one for each of the other three legs. This way you won't be loading down the output of the microcontroller / chip that you are using to drive the LED with.

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:20 am

The led is powered off the Vcc of the Pickit2/3 not the mcu your programming. The resistor is a 1k to keep the load low. Yes you can still see the led come on using 5v. Need to check using 3v.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:59 am

I'm not sure I follow, do you mean the RGB LED is powered by the PICKIT?

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

The ICSP header has a Vcc connection point which powers the LED.
The boards have been shipped so just waiting then assemble two complete units. One is going your way.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks very much MrDEB, it's much appreciated!