Prototype board with an Arduino footprint

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

Prototype board with an Arduino footprint

Post by bitfogav » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:54 pm

I have put together my own prototype board with an Arduino footprint.
It's been designed to use with my SF Board here. but will be compatible with Arduino and also Firewing.. It contains a few small footprints for some small smd components, if I wish to use a certain type of chip like RTC, temp or eeprom..
SFprotoboard.jpg
SFprotoboard.jpg (189.78 KiB) Viewed 14300 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Prototype board with an Arduino footprint

Post by brad » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:42 am

Nice functional board bitfogav.

Do you have a link to where we can download those 3D models for the headers? Also - how are those SMD chips connected - do they just go straight to some male / female headers so that you can then interface them elsewhere?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:49 pm

brad wrote:Do you have a link to where we can download those 3D models for the headers?
I will be doing a post soon and will update here with a link for the 3D headers/components etc..
brad wrote:Also - how are those SMD chips connected - do they just go straight to some male / female headers so that you can then interface them elsewhere?
The SMD chips are connected to the 2 single rows of 4 pin female headers, this would mean that depending on the type of chip you wanted to add to the board would depend on how many other SMD chips you could add (due to pin compatibility). I was thinking of actually connecting several I2c components together, that is why there is only 2 single rows of female headers available to the 5 SMD footprints. :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:25 pm

i2c is handy like that isn't it :)

I have just recently started using i2c devices and once I finally figured out how the protocol worked - they are great to use and I love it that you can connect loads of different i2c devices straight to the same bus.