LED Matrix Font Creator

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
waywardson07
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LED Matrix Font Creator

Post by waywardson07 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi everyone, I created a program to assist in the designing of new fonts for LED Matrices and thought that I would share it here for anyone that is interested in using it.

Here is a screenshot:

I have described how to use the program here on my blog if anyone has any interest in that...
http://gabrieldsblog.wordpress.com/2014 ... t-creator/

take care all!! :D

UPDATE: I created a Mac version of the program. Here is a screenshot:

I updated my blog with the Mac version as well.
Last edited by waywardson07 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LED Matrix Font Creator

Post by brad » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:03 pm

A big thanks for sharing! This is exactly the sort of program that I like making to make life just that little bit easier when working with LED matrix displays.

What did you code this in?

waywardson07

Post by waywardson07 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:12 am

Thanks brad!

It's coded in c#.
I'll most likely make a MAC port as well, because I use my MacBook more often than I use my windows machine. I'll update the post when I do.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Be sure to let me know of a Mac version since that's also what I use mostly :)

What compiler / IDE did you use to make it?

waywardson07

Post by waywardson07 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:02 am

Brad... I used Visual Studio 2012 for the windows version. It could have been written in basic or c++ as well, but i chose c#...

Also, I updated the main post with the new Mac version I made.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks for the Mac version, just downloaded and tested it and it too works like a charm.

Is there any chance you could share the Xcode project so I can take a look at your source code?

waywardson07

Post by waywardson07 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:29 am

No Problem... Ill attach the project to this comment. :mrgreen:

However, be warned.. I woke up and wrote the project in about an hour.. so its not optimized. lol :?:

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 am

Sorry for the late reply, I have just downloaded it. I'll check it out and post if I have any questions. Thanks again!