Diptrace pattern ??

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Diptrace pattern ??

Post by MrDEB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 am

Using data sheet http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebse ... 6E666666--

And the diptrace pattern editor but it dosn't seem correct?
Need Diptrace editing for second look
Attachments
24 pin brd to brd.zip
the mounting hole placement. used 5.20 - 1 divide by 2 for center of holes.
(978 Bytes) Downloaded 639 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Diptrace pattern ??

Post by brad » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:13 pm

I tried to open it up but it came up with an error (unfortunately DIPTRACE is like that. If my version is deferent to yours, it just won't open unfortunately.)

Have you been using the inbuilt ruler tool to make sure you get it nice and accurate?

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Yes I use the ruler a-lot when making patterns.
It looks like an easy pattern but the measurement from pad to pad is from the outside not center to center.
going to use sketchup to see if my center to center measurement is correct but to confirm I need to order said part then use pattern printout to confirm for sure.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Another method I use just to be sure that all is okay - I print out my pattern and see if the part fits, if not I just make some adjustments and print again until it all looks good :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 am

Brad it looks like the attached zip file that MrDeb posted was a diptrace lib file, so the file needed to be imported into the diptrace library folder to open :)

On another hand I've adjusted the lib file and your part should look something like this, the top pattern is MrDebs and the bottom one is mine.
brd2.jpg
brd2.jpg (16.87 KiB) Viewed 18699 times

I've added it to the lib file MrDeb so you can download it here.
24 pin brd2.zip
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
Please note that this needs fully checking as Brad pointed out above, print of the pattern and test with the part.
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 am

THANKS I have downloaded your zip file.
One problem I ran into with the #M part that I was trying to include in my development board was availability of actual part.
Found a replacement from FCI but need to confirm actual usage. looking at model # 68682 and #71991
Contacted company and have samples being sent but both are basically the same but one is SMT and the other is through hole. Debating on single rows or double rows.
I have the 1.5" bi colored LED drawn out in the schematic but contemplating connection methods.
The Adrunio board schematic is done as well.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:53 am

It was actually pointed out to me that I might have had the pads incorrect to the datasheet. So I have now updated the part pattern and also increased the pad size incase this part needs to be soldered by hand onto the board, all patterns are included in the following diptrace download..

You can see from the image the changes to the pattern file:
24pinbrdver2.jpg
24pinbrdver2.jpg (33.04 KiB) Viewed 18679 times
24 pin brd ver2.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:54 pm

My mistake, I should have checked what kind of file it was before trying to open it!

Good job with that one though bitfogav. And by the way MrDEB - have you tried sourcing the headers from aliexpress.com?