Proximity & Touch Detection - Azoteq

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitfogav

Proximity & Touch Detection - Azoteq

Post by bitfogav » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:21 pm

I came across this website Azoteq.com they deal in alot of products for proximity and touch applications.

Heres a quote from the website:
The ProxSense® portfolio ranges from one to sixteen channel controllers for proximity and touch applications. Azoteq also offers self and projected capacitive touch screen controllers. The LightSense™ product family provides solutions for intelligent LED lighting control.
I dont currently have a project in mind but I found these products very interesting!. They sell a few Evaluation Kits which I thought was cheap for the price of $10.

The Evaluation Kit which I purchased was the IQS127 Evaluation Kit 2
It contains a main evalution board with 3 modules which are preconfigured with different options, you just plug in the module you wish to use into the evalution board and use the board touch pad.
Some of the modules contain small leds to indicate a proximity or/and touch activation.
When a proximity or touch activation is detected then the module just outputs an high logic on either of its output pins, this could be used with a microcontroller, so it would be easy to add proximity and touch into your own project.
IQS127_Evaluatio_4e55fdf068028_300x600.png
IQS127_Evaluatio_4e55fdf068028_300x600.png (69.28 KiB) Viewed 13611 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Proximity & Touch Detection - Azoteq

Post by brad » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Interesting.

From reading through the manual it looks like there are two LED's. One LED will light up when your finger / hand etc... comes close to the sensor, the other LED lights up when you actually press the button. Is that correct?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 am

brad wrote:From reading through the manual it looks like there are two LED's. One LED will light up when your finger / hand etc... comes close to the sensor, the other LED lights up when you actually press the button. Is that correct?
Yes that's correct, it shows a visual indication of your proximity within the board touch pad.

Ive uploaded a short video :)

If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Maybe you could connect up an LCD screen and when your finger goes near the button it says "don't press that button!" and then when you press it it says "I thought I told you not to press that button!"

:)

Be sue to let us know of whatever project you end up putting this into!