PICnDuino - Dual Microcontroller development platform!

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

bitfogav

Re: PICnDuino - Dual Microcontroller development platform!

Post by bitfogav » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 am

I got an unexpected parcel today :lol:
mypicNduino.jpg
mypicNduino.jpg (47.78 KiB) Viewed 19068 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Hey, you got them PICnDuino thingys!

Have you had a chance to use them yet? Have they been easy / hard / run into any difficulties etc...

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MrDEB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 am

Just got my PICDUINO in the mail
can't wait to try it out but first need to run the usb through the security essentials check.

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 am

OFF to the store I go
the USB cables won't allow the male section of the USB card or the PICDUNIO to fit. They both fit into a USB hub I have but not any of the cables I have. Besides I need the female ends on both ends of the cable.
small detail

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Let us know how you go :)

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 am

Dang it now the USB card won't read. I wanted to review the video again and switch position etc.
Will keep working on it??

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:37 pm

You can also get all required files from here:
http://www.bradsprojects.com/electronic ... Duino.html

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 pm

I thought I had a bum USB cable or port configuration but found I had the card in wrong.
Have a benefit breakfast for PREGNANCY OPTIONS center today so will have to play with it tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Was it upside down?

What is the pregnancy options center? It sounds like a pro-life type organisation, is that right?

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:21 am

Here in Salmon there is really no counseling on unplanned pregnancy but as I understand it, one of the local doctors told a client to just have an abortion.
If you ever seen or read what goes on during an abortion it would make your skin crawl.
The pregnancy options center offers counseling.
On the USB PICDUNO a "member" stated I left you hanging. I was able to get it working as I found the card will go in either way. Have yet to have some time to work with it. Been busy with unexpected events and the bicycle device.
About ready to chang direction on using a SOT963 footprint. Using the datasheet dimensions didn't work. Used the scanner idea and got closer to a solution but the component is really tooo small.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:24 pm

That's great about the pregnancy options centre. It is really sad just how many abortions there are each year. Extremely sad.

Great to hear the card is working for you :) I guess if you plug it in upside down, it's not going to connect to the connector pins and well, just won't work!

Regarding the footprint, have you tried drawing it up yourself in the component editor, printing it out to see how close it fits, then modifying and repeating?

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 am

Using the pattern editor in DIPTRACE and the data sheet for a diode array (BAS116UDJ) the foot print didn't even come close but the part is very small so not even going to attempt to use it anyway. I have actual component to verify against the footprint and just no way I want to attempt soldering it to a pad much less even seeing the pads--lol

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:45 pm

That's fair enough :)

If I were making boards from home I'd try and stick to larger components.

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm

These boards are going to be outsourced. Refining the Diptrace layout double checking etc.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Where are you getting them made?