RetroBall - The new Super Pong Table

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

RetroBall - The new Super Pong Table

Post by brad » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Guys,

Well I finally have my latest project done, and it's on kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141 ... y_launched

It's the new and improved version of the super pong table, which is more compact, sleeker looking and with improved gameplay.

It's a lot of fun to play in that you are able to spin the ball off in different directions and at various speeds depending on how you hit the ball.

When I get some time, I will post some pics of the inner workings :)

Saimaster13
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: RetroBall - The new Super Pong Table

Post by Saimaster13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

That looks pretty sweet! Was thinking of building a super pong table eventually. Would love to be able to make this instead...
Joshua

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:29 am

I followed a link to a red rectangle box for the promotion outfit but the link wouldn't do anything?
I would love to purchase all the parts but the shipping costs are out there. To bad you couldn't get the entire unit built in USA or China then the shipping costs would be lower?
Do you accept Paypal? Bill Me Later would be nice as well. Would like the kit.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 am

I have updated the shipping info on kickstarter. at the end of the campaign backers will be able to choose what shipping option they would like I.E. fast DHL (most expensive) or slow economy airmail (cheapest).

what do you mean by this?
I followed a link to a red rectangle box for the promotion outfit but the link wouldn't do anything?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 am

Hey by the way, would you guys mind helping out a little by posting the retroball kickstarter link perhaps on your facebook or social networking sites?

It's been a little slow going at the moment...

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:10 pm

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks Chuck, much appreciated!

mackletus
semi-newbie
semi-newbie

Post by mackletus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 am

Been very busy, just now I see your Kickstarter for the Retroball.

I'll be posting it on my facebook.

Good luck,

MacKletus.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:32 pm

mackletus wrote:Been very busy, just now I see your Kickstarter for the Retroball.

I'll be posting it on my facebook.

Good luck,

MacKletus.
Thanks, although it's not looking to promising. I have a new project in the works. (which is much smaller and should appeal to a larger audience) Actually, I am quite excited about this one!

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 am

Where to obtain schematic etc for RETROBRAD game. Would like to make for Christmas Present.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 am

It will all be uploaded very soon!

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Disappointing that the RetroBall didnt achieve the Kickstarter pledge :(

Brad can you tell us where we can obtain all of the parts to build one? the Led panels, case etc?
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Its all good. New and improved projects are already in the works.

As for the parts. I included links in the excel bom file. Are you going to make one :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh I found the BOM file now :lol: thanks Brad. I certainly am going to make one! :lol:
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:18 am

That's great! it will be cool to see someone else with one!