wireless for two tilt switches

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

wireless for two tilt switches

Post by MrDEB » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 am

I should probably use a PIC at both ends but want to keep cost and size down as well as run on one or two coin cell batteries.
PLAN - using a 7555 connected as per attached picture, the transmitter transmits a frequency to receiver connected to a PIC that deciphers a sample and decides which tilt switch is closed.
A sample is say 1ms.
Hopefully this is doable?
link for rf link http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php? ... ucts_id=31
open for any suggestions
plan to bread board to try out my theory.
Attachments
555 tx.png
555 tx.png (21.16 KiB) Viewed 6238 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: wireless for two tilt switches

Post by brad » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Very clever idea!

What type of transmitter are you using?

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 am

Hopefully this kit http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php? ... ucts_id=27
Basically same that Sparkfun was selling.
I was informed that using a 555 as pictured would be iffy. Might not be reliable and will drop bits?
It was suggested over at Electrotec http://www.electro-tech-online.com/micr ... ation.html to use a 10F200 pic on the TX end.
The 7555 sounds less complicated IMO. Finishing up my soldering iron project and hopefully get back to this wireless project.
PS I found (Burt over at DIY and ELECTROTECH has the board I made of the Hako and found that I grounded the tab on the triac (dumb me).
If he gets it working GREAT he then has a Hako clone.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I don't see why the 555 would be unreliable. It should be very cheap so it would be worth trying it out.