pickit 2

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: pickit 2

Post by brad » Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 am

perhaps your easiest solution is to use a 9volt battery and connect up a 7805 regulator to your circuit.

The regulator has three connections:

Ground connects to your ground connection of your circuit and the -ve of the battery, input connects to the +ve of your battery and output connects to VDD of your circuit.

It gives you a nice steady 5volt output :)

Fluroblue
decided to stick around...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Fluroblue » Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 pm

right now i only have 3 volt battery and it seems to work fine. could there be a problem with it?

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd certainly recommend running at 5v otherwise you could get unwanted / random results.

The pickit2 is perfect for this because it can power it and program it for you :D

Fluroblue

Post by Fluroblue » Mon May 16, 2011 5:44 pm

seeing that picture reminded me of something in an old VHS player i was pulling apart so i went and soldered it off. the problem is that instead of the metal top its plastic so i asked my dad to make sure it was a regulator and he said it looked like a transistor. i googled the label 'ST u748 malaysia p3n60fi' put only found stuff about cars :P
its not what i need but its just out of curiosity.
IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG (33.38 KiB) Viewed 16784 times

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon May 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Searching google for p3n60f1 reveals that it is actually a FET (field effect transistor)

More specifically it is a FET rated at 600V, 2.1Amps

You will find that there are loads of different components all made into a similar package :)

Fluroblue

Post by Fluroblue » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:50 pm

im making that christmas card game santas scramble from instructables and im trying to get the code onto the pic but i cant find out how to open it on mplab. when i select open it just dosent show the file.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 pm

i think what you're looking for is the assembly code :)

Here you go!
Archive.zip
(8.38 KiB) Downloaded 543 times

Fluroblue

Post by Fluroblue » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:50 pm

thanks that helped one other thing i was trying to find the layout for my led matrix and i typed in the text at the bottom and i couldnt find anything...any1 know?
led text = tom-1088degc-b 33 4(?)p

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Could you post a picture of it, I am quite sure it would be the same pinout as the ones I use.

Fluroblue

Post by Fluroblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:56 pm

is this what you wanted?
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG (57.66 KiB) Viewed 16742 times
IMG_0371.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG (66.58 KiB) Viewed 16742 times

Fluroblue

Post by Fluroblue » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 pm

lol how do u make them smaller everytime i post pics they are so huge :P

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:34 pm

I have resized your images for you :)

just get yourself an image resizer program, you can get them for free (look at making them no wider than about 600 pixels)

Your pinouts would certainly be the same as the ones we all use around here, check out this topic - it gives you all the info you need!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=250

Fluroblue

Post by Fluroblue » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:27 pm

thanx for that it helped....im making a pcb bourd so i can just plug in the chip and the plug and be set. what i was wondering is all 18 pinned chips wired up to the pickit 2 the same?? and what about the larger chips?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I would say most of the 16F series 18pin microchips by microchip would be the same but it still depends on what Peripherals the microchips have, you will still need to check the datasheet. the same goes for the bigger 28 pin, 40 pin microchips etc...