Beat Detection using an op-amp

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

bitfogav

Re: Beat Detection using an op-amp

Post by bitfogav » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 am

Ive been looking at ways of improving my original circuit and using a tone decoder?

http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/chipdata/ba1604.pdf

Contains a comparator circuit with an output logic, but you can set the frequency to precisely.

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by odessa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:22 am

Hi all,

Heres a vid of mine running using the LM324. I used the same 10k resistor you did Gav for the mic ( rather than the 1k i was using ) and its much more responsive overall now. The variable resistor on the comparator helps to set the threshold just right.

(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")
This is a bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 am

Great video Jay :D

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 am

That's so cool! That little LED is jammin' to the music!

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:52 am

:lol: Maybe i should try it to some Led Zeppelin ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")
This is a bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am

How about connecting it to a strobe light?

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:21 am

Thats a great idea :D

(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 am

Ive revisited this beat detection circuit at the weekend for a new project, and I have made up a pcb test board using smd parts. I want to see how the circuit will preform using smd, in the mean time Sparkfun has just posted a great video which is perfect on this subject, which I thought I would share, will add it at the end of this post.

heres some images from my smd board:
beattosound2.jpg
Etched board
beattosound2.jpg (27.4 KiB) Viewed 16216 times
smdbeattosound1.jpg
Parts added with solder paste
smdbeattosound1.jpg (15.69 KiB) Viewed 16216 times
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Nice board Gav! I'm guessing you used your famous PCB etching method - obviously works like a charm!

I've just been re-reading all the posts from this topic and realised that I didn't answer Odessa about the clamper circuit. I wonder where he's gone?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 am

brad wrote:Nice board Gav! I'm guessing you used your famous PCB etching method - obviously works like a charm!
Yeah I used my etching method :wink: , I do use larger through hole pad sizes (2mm), and traces (0.6mm) and this time I didnt bother with any solder pour. I think thats some of my famous ecthing tips :lol:
brad wrote:I've just been re-reading all the posts from this topic and realised that I didn't answer Odessa about the clamper circuit. I wonder where he's gone?
Yeah not sure where Odessa has gone!? :roll:
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:15 am

Well. It looks great :)

Have you got a permanent home for the circuit?

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am

Well this smd circuit is a test for my next iteadstudio pcb project :wink: but I have just received a very nice strip of RGB leds which I might attached this circuit too :)

Link to the RGB led strip that I have just received:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160913879395? ... 1439.l2649
rgbledstri.jpg
rgbledstri.jpg (50.94 KiB) Viewed 16192 times
rgbledstri2.jpg
rgbledstri2.jpg (159.02 KiB) Viewed 16192 times

odessa
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by odessa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 am

Hi Guys .... I'm still here :lol:

I've been very busy with work etc and have just landed a new job :D

I'm still very much into my electronics and have been concentrating on C mostly ( and my many arduinos )

I'll post up some of my recent stuff when I get a chance... I've also just bought exactly the same remote/ Led controller as you Gav, I was going to make my own but when you can buy a controller and remote for £6 on ebay it hardly seems worth the effort.

Hope you are both doing well

Jay
(\_/)
(='.')
(")-(")

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi Jay - good to hear from you :)

I too have been looking into Arduino - infact I made a little Arduino / Amicus18 compatible device - the PICnDuino.
http://www.bradsprojects.com/electronic ... Duino.html

C is a great language and very similar to Basic I have found (except you need one of these ; at the end of each line...)

Great to hear you're still into your projects.

As for those LED strips - It never ceases to amaze me just how cheap you can get things like this for. Look forward to seeing what becomes of those Gav :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 am

odessa wrote:I've also just bought exactly the same remote/ Led controller as you Gav, I was going to make my own but when you can buy a controller and remote for £6 on ebay it hardly seems worth the effort.
Hi Jay, Nice to hear from you. hope your well.

I got my led strip and i'm very pleased!, seems a shame that I want to cut it up and use it for a project haha!. :lol: