Data logger / UART

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Data logger / UART

Post by MrDEB » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:24 am

contemplating a data logger/UART device that the user inputs data each hour after a vibrating and LED signal reminding user to input data via a keyboard or pushbutton. Data is only two digits.
After 10 hours the user can upload data via UART or USB connection to a PC
Fairly simple device.
any ideas? are welcomed as I am a newbi at this PIC stuff.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Data logger / UART

Post by brad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 am

I would recommend having an LCD display connected to your pic so that the user can get some feedback as to what they are typing.

You can easily interface a ps/2 keyboard to your pic. It just needs two digital port pins (one set as input for data and one set as output for the clock)

What programming language will you be coding with?