LED edge lit acrylic signs

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LED edge lit acrylic signs

Post by Chuckt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:06 pm

I saw some buttons like the descriptions I posted and I think they were mounted on a wooden board. I then thought of the beautiful work you did with acrylic and thought that either a small lap size gamepad for a table or a larger unit would be attractive.

I bought the Sparkfun joystick shield and I'm waiting for it to arrive:
Joystick Shield Kit
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9760

I have to assemble it but I can just imagine a six year old rocking it and sending static electricity over the PCB as it is meant to sit on top of two microcontrollers. Then I had a flashback of your project and remembered how handsome your acrylic projects were as I thought about building a more rugged one. If I was a salesman, I would sell a gamepad or arcade with your acrylic because it would be popular and some people might want to sell them for a mint but I'm sure some would be scared that it is above their budget to have something that looks nice.

sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sdudley » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:17 pm

I'll look over the dimensions of that board and see what I can think of. If you have something already in mind (shape, etc.) PM me or shoot me an email to stacy.dudley@tqs.com with a sketch or drawing of some sort. Maybe we can work on it together.

I am going to try and design a case or something for Brads SPB when I get my hands on one. I am also up for ideas/suggestions on how to do that.

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 am

Surely your SPB will arrive soon. I hope!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:38 pm

brad wrote:Surely your SPB will arrive soon. I hope!
Whoo-Hooo!

Does that mean I am going to be the first person in Florida, U.S.A. to get my hands on one? COOL! :wink:

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 am

Yes indeed! (if the post office will hurry up...)