Paper Craft

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sdudley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Paper Craft

Post by sdudley » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am

This isn't my project but I thought it was pretty cool so I figured I'd post it...

I like building paper craft toys every once in a while and here is one of a walking MECH WARRIOR:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Walking ... ch-Warrior

Now the reason I think it is appropriate to post it here is...

:mrgreen:
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Paper Craft

Post by brad » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:00 am

Would that be pretty flimsy or is it reinforced?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 pm

brad wrote:Would that be pretty flimsy or is it reinforced?
Paper toys are made with card stock (100 - 110 pound paper) so they are sturdy enough to mess around with when your bored but that's about it. There are all kinds of paper toys available for download that are great for the office\work place! I don't think they are anything you'd want to give to your 3 year old kid though. :D

I built a few holloween toys for my kid a few years back, as well as a robot with inter-changeable parts, and I still have 1/2 of a Yamaha R1 motorcycle that I have yet to finish.

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Can you post some photos?

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:46 am

brad wrote:Can you post some photos?
I don't have photos of the actual robot I made because it was a gift to a friend at work. Below are photos of the original from the website which I got the information/plans. It has interchangable arm pieces, the helmet is removable to show his BIG eye, and the center opens to reveal his big chompers to eat you with! The arms, upper torso, and head are all moveable.
Rph1.jpg
Rph1.jpg (14.52 KiB) Viewed 10687 times
Rph2.jpg
Rph2.jpg (19.42 KiB) Viewed 10687 times
Rph3.jpg
Rph3.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 10687 times
Here is a picture of a mask I made for a holloween costume this year. It has black panty hose that cover the eye openings so no one can see where you are looking.
mask_01.JPG
mask_01.JPG (179.5 KiB) Viewed 10687 times
There are some really neat paper toys and games on his website, and the instructions are very easy to follow. One ream of card stock paper will make all the toys you want with plenty of extra paper to spare!

Below is the link to the website. BEWARE... he is heavily into creepy, spooky stuff and things that go "BUMP" in the night.

http://www.ravensblight.com

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:07 pm

Thats pretty crazy the sorts of things that you can make with paper. I can make paper airplanes that sometimes even fly!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Try this paper airplane...
af1_model.jpg
af1_model.jpg (136.24 KiB) Viewed 10683 times
If that doesn't print to the correct size, here is the link:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... _model.pdf

Stacy

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

My planes were a lot more simplistic! (alot more!)